Welcome to the 17-18 School Year! I hope you had a great summer and are ready to work with students and staff once again. As you can tell, I didn’t win the Powerball, so I too am hard at work.
As we begin this year, I want to share with you my top ten tips to having a good year:
- Take time to build and foster relationships with staff, students and families.
- Empower your staff.
- Take care of yourself by getting enough sleep, exercise, and eating the right foods; yes, chocolate can be a food group!
- When the crazy train filled with other people’s drama comes by, remember that you don’t have to get on; wave and let it pass by.
- When you have a bad day, perform a random act of kindness for someone else.
- If it’s 5:30 pm and you are still in your office, leave. You aren’t very effective after 5:00 pm anyway.
- If it is Saturday or Sunday and you are heading into work, don’t; weekends are meant for family, friends, fun, and rest.
- Surround yourself with people who uplift you.
- Value yourself and appreciate others.
- Develop a new hobby or any hobby for that matter.
- Laugh daily, smile always, sing often, and dance for no reason. (Sorry, it was only supposed to be ten. Ooops!)
As always, let me know if I can ever be of assistance. Best wishes to a great year!
Principal, Bridgewater Elementary